Seattle Pacific University
Seattle Pacific University has a clear purpose: to equip graduates with the competence, character, and courage to engage the culture and change the world. SPU provides nearly 4,400 students with a high-quality, comprehensive education grounded on the gospel of Jesus Christ. A powerful blend of cutting-edge scholarship, thoughtful Christian faith, and extensive urban resources helps prepare these students to become effective change agents in the world.
Of the University's 55 undergraduate majors and 15 graduate degree offerings, some programs are not often found at other Christian institutions, and many have received national acclaim for their quality. U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks Seattle Pacific in the Western Region's top 15 universities.
Seattle Pacific is located just minutes from downtown Seattle, the largest city in the Pacific Northwest. This beautiful city is an extended classroom for SPU students, allowing them to apply their education to real-world settings through internships, ministry, and cultural and recreational activities.
The best university education unites a student's passion and the world's need. SPU students and graduates are daily bringing their knowledge, skill, and faith to communities across the globe. They can do that because of Seattle Pacific University's commitment to active, positive engagement in the world.
- Business (highest level of business school accreditation)
- Pre-professional health (90-100% acceptance rate to graduate schools each year)
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Coaching Science
- Global Development Studies
- Christian Reconciliation.
- SPU students gain real-life experience through internships at
organizations including Microsoft, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Starbucks,
KOMO-TV, Boeing, Washington State Legislature, and elsewhere.
• SPRINT, a short-term service learning program that sends students to countries such as Indonesia, Nicaragua, and Uganda.
• More than 20 student-led urban service teams.
• University Scholars, SPU’s honors program, invites highly motivated students to pursue an intense academic program studying great works of art, literature, philosophy,
science, and natural science in their historical contexts.
• Study-abroad programs include
locations throughout Europe, Latin
America, Africa, Asia.
• More than 50 clubs are available for
students, including Amnesty
International, Habitat for Humanity,
and Beta Alpha Psi.